Complex Integration of Multiple Brain Systems (CIMBSTM) NeurophysiopsychotherapyTM presents:
New Developments and Refinements in CIMBS
One Day Online Psychotherapy Course
Approved for 6 hours of CEUs
We have spent the last two years working on writing a book about CIMBS. Energy that we would have dedicated to teaching all went into the research and writing processes. We have learned a great deal and made many refinements to the knowledge and treatment processes that make up CIMBS. We would like to present a selection of those refinements to enhance your understandings of your patients and to become more effective in your treatment in a one day online course. Teaching an online course will be an experiment for us. We have found the best teaching results develop from the live experiences for all of the participants. We will do our best to adapt to the limitations online teaching and try to give you some experiential learning in addition to the cognitive learning.
Course Highlights – This course will emphasize the following:
- Neurobiological principles can help you be more precise and secure in yourself as a therapist. There is always so much happening in the therapeutic process and these principles will help you observe, understand and respond to the many phenomena that are happening at the same time within your patient and in your treatment process.
- We have found 20 emotional brain systems that have been very practically useful to us as therapists. This is an increase of eight brain systems from the previous twelve that we have defined in the past. These brain systems operate at three different levels of the brain: the cortex, the basal ganglia and the brainstem.
- Further refinements to the Therapeutic Attachment Relationship and the Initial Directed Activation have enhanced our ability to address both patient factors and therapist factors. Those two factors account for 75% of successful therapeutic outcomes based on many clinical studies.
- Modalities of treatment are most effective when they activate and engage the patient. We will help you understand and learn how to go beyond Activating to add in processes of Facilitating, Differentiating and Integrating distinct brain systems. The more energy you have to work with the more success you will have in your treatments.
- We would all like to feel better, be happy, have better relationships, fulfilled lives and an internal sense of well-being. Those qualities are observable and even palpable in our friends or patients. From a brain systems perspective, those qualities result when differentiated brain systems become Resilient. Resilient Brain Systems that are flexibly interwoven (wired together) and integrated with each other.
- What is distinctive and important about the paradigm of CIMBS?
- How does an emotional brain system function?
- What are the significance of therapist and patient factors in CIMBS?
- How to selectively Facilitate specific brain systems in order to harness their energy and resources.
The content of the course will include a mix of clinical examples and case studies, powerpoint presentations by each of the presenters, new illustrations, video-recordings of clinical sessions, and opportunities for questions and discussions. We hope to experiment with a live therapy demonstration with one of the participants to demonstrate these new refinements in CIMBS.
CIMBS approach integrates recent Neuroscience research on Neuroplasticity, brain development, and therapeutic change. The Sheldons have been developing new teaching approaches to enable therapists to incorporate (even embody) this wisdom into their own therapeutic work.
Our goal is to enable our patients/clients to become the author of their own lives, capable of making the best of any situation, continuously learning and growing to the full extent of the neuroplasticity of their brains and minds.
Beatriz and Albert Sheldon
Dates and Times:
Location: Live, Online
Date: Saturday, November 14th 2020
8:30 – 9:00 On line Registration
9:00 – 9:30 Introductions – Establishing group process
9:30 – 10:30 Neurobiological Principles that empower the Paradigm of CIMBS – Discussion
10:30 – 10:45 Coffee break
10:45 – 12:15 Overview of the 20 Brain Systems used in CIMBS – Application of the Therapeutic
Attachment Relationship and Initial Directed Activation to Mobilize Multiple Brain Systems – Discussion
12:15 – 1:15 Lunch
1:15 – 2:30 Live Demonstration – Discussion – Facilitating and Differentiating Distinct Brain
2:30 – 2:45 Coffee break
2:45 – 4:00 Resilient Brain Systems; Hypoactive, Hyperactive, Hyperconnected Brain Systems
4:00 – 4:30 Discussion – Feedback – Future Training
Course registration and fees:
Online course is limited to 60 participants
Course fee is $290
COURSE QUESTIONS, REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT, CONTACT:
Course administrator: Christy Sweaney, CIMBS Admin Assistant
To Register: Please email Christy at CIMBSemail@gmail.com with the following information
- Phone number
- License number
Once your email is received Christy will provide you with information regarding payment. Please note that as a part time employee I may not respond to your email immediately.
Refunds, minus a 10% cancellation fee, will be issued for all cancellations received 10 days prior to the start of the course or you may apply the full value of your payment to another CIMBS course. There will be no refunds or credits for registration cancellations starting 9 days before a course begins unless there is a waiting list for the course and can fill your seat. No-shows are not refunded.